Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2020

CAS(E) this Sketch #370



It's another wonderful sketch from Chrissy Larson for CTS #370, which we hope will spark a bit of happiness (and creativity) during this trying time!!
I wanted to attempt something a little different than my 'usual' and broke out my stencils, ink and blending brushes. I blended the triangular shapes in a lighter blue, and then placed a second stencil on top of that and inked up with a darker hue. I love the CAS look, but accomplishing this without making any inky mistakes was quite the challenge!! A slim black layer, a crisp, die cut sentiment and a few Nuvo drop accents were the finishing touches.
We hope that you'll join in the fun at CTS #370 and will be adding your masterpiece to the gallery...... I can't wait to see how you were inspired by Chrissy's sketch (the InLinkz closes at 9 am EST on Thursday, May 7th). Wishing you a safe and healthy week!!



5 comments:

Karen said...

I really like this, the bright blue colors with the black is a great combination! I've been meaning to pull out my stencils; many this inspiration will do the trick.

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the vivid shades of blue! What a striking design!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the pretty blue, this is marvelous Michelle!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Michelle, I love the pretty colours.

Tracey McNeely said...

So gorgeous Michelle!!!