Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Playing Cards with Friends - December 2023

 If there's anyone who can get me back into 'creative mode', it's my lovely friend, Michele..... who has asked if I would 'play cards' with her. To her pleasure, and mine, I have accepted!! Michele and I have been lucky enough to meet, live and in person, on a few occasions.  And... I've met Michele's darling husband too! We've also enjoyed more than a few telephone conversations and have quite a lot in common (and could easily chat for hours)!!

In honor of National Look for an Evergreen Day, our Playing Cards with Friends 'challenge' is to fashion a card that includes an evergreen die (all are welcome- pine, spruce fir, etc.) as the focal point OR supporting character.  In addition, our creations must use dies only - no stamping!

Initially, this sounded like a walk in the Evergreen park, because I surely have a lot of tree dies and had many, many ideas! However, the greater challenge proved to be HOW to fit in a non-stamped, 'dies-only' sentiment??  Many iterations later (yes, I am VERY, very rusty) I believe, and hope, that I've come up with something worthy of Michele's card challenge/card playing!

My creation is mini-slimline sized (3.5" x 6.5") and includes lots of dies, a plethora of hues and a sprinkling of sparkle! A few of the trees have a bit of added dimension/height, as do the chunky letters in 'MERRY' and the lovely 'christmas' die (which is layered with white and slightly offset). In addition, there's an added touch of diamond glitter to the ink-blended edges of each letter of 'MERRY'.



P.S. - If you've gotten to the bottom of this post - many, many thanks! My absence from Blogger/Instagram was not intended to be quite SO long.... however, the needs of both my parent and my DH's parents were a bit more pressing that my time in the craft cave.


paper: Classic Kraft, Stampers Select White, Hibiscus Burst, Berry Sorbet, Simply Chartreuse, Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal (PTI), Bubblegum, Greenery, Diamond Glitter paper (The Stamp Market)

ink: Simply Chartreuse, Hibiscus Burst, Hawaiian Tropic, Tropical Teal, Berry Sorbet (PTI)

dies: Whittle Trees (Poppy Stamps), Mini Slimline Card & Envelope (Trinity Stamps), Chunky Alphabet (The Stamp Market), Traveler's Journal: December (PTI)

other: Toffee mini slimline envelope (Tailored Expressions), Diamond glitter (A Muse Studio), dimensional tape

 

15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I could NOT be happier that you have 'come out of retirement' for little old me, Michelle! You may be rusty when it comes to posting but, girlfriend, you have not lost your fabulous card-making style and skills! Even your photos are fabulous!
I LOVE kraft at Christmas! Just look at how those colors pop! I haven't seen these 'whittle' trees but love how many you were able to fit on this sweet little slimline! MERRY is even more delightful with glitter, my friend! Well done!
You've brought merry to my day, and such joy to my life, Two Ls - thank you so very much for Playing Cards with me! Cheers to the merriest holidays, and all the best in the New Year! xx
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Fun, bright, and oh so festive Michelle! So glad you were able to find time to have a little play with Michele, and I bet with all these colorful colors, you were smiling the whole time you made this card!! LOVE it!! Merry Christmas!! Hugs. :0)

Jeanne H said...

I just love your card!

Bobby said...

Nothing could be merrier than a rainbow of trees, Michelle, and yours along with the glittered rainbow letters are a joy-filled sight to behold. So glad you said "yes" to playing cards with Michele.

HilaryJane said...

Gorgeous, love the colours xx

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, this card is cute! Love all the colors and whimsy. I'm so glad Michele was able to entice you to play.

Lisa Elton said...

This is so you and so CUTE! What a treat to see a post pop up from you, Michelle! Those colorful whittle trees and letters are extra cute on the kraft background. You still have the magic touch. Merry Christmas!

Bonnie said...

What fun colors, Michelle! Love this!

TK said...

Visiting from Michele, and so glad I did! What a sweet card, and a perfect use of an evergreen! Love the sparkle at the bottom of your letters, and the script layered over top. I love your card, and your time is being well-spent. Just hope we get to see more

LesleyG said...

Love this card, so many details, my head is spinning with ideas. The colours are so fun and bright, and the extra glitter on the merry is fab. Happy Christmas and happy crafting when time allows xxx

Jeanne said...

So bright, happy and fun! Love it!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Your card is absolutely fabulous, Michelle, but the real gem here is the story of how it came to be. It is so wonderful to see your work again. I know all too well the time and energy, commitment and love it takes to care for parents, especially more than one at a time. Bless you. How wonderful that you agreed to play with Michele. A special Christmas treat!

Karen said...

I, among many others, am happy to see your return! Thanks to Michele, for motivating it. Love the card--as you already know--and hope this signals more activity on your blog!

Karren said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle, that fits the challenge perfectly. I'm so happy to see one of your beautiful creations and hope that the coming year allows you more time to craft.

Lindsey said...

You don’t seem rusty to me! This is amazing, Michelle! I truly love it, and am so happy to see you creating again.