Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Papertrey Ink - Throwback Thursday

                     THROWBACK THURSDAY - give love

It's time for the latest 'Throwback Thursday' feature over on the Papertrey Ink Blog! The sweet, whimsical birds from Give Love have me thinking SPRING, and provide the perfect way to send a heartfelt message.....no matter the season.The addition of a few vibrant florals, a textured/layered heart and the petite sentiment are the finishing touches.


I love the texture that the Fresh Snow Linen card stock provides, and it is the perfect backdrop for the pretty posies and precious little birdie. I've die cut the center panel from the Mix & Mat: Pretty Brackets twice in order to have a larger panel to fit behind the From the Heart die. This center panel is also die cut with the Noted: Simply Stitched die, layered with Berry Sorbet and popped up on my linen card base.


The Aqua Mist birdie, with his speckled Ocean Tides belly, takes center stage. The petite florals, in bright shades of Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist and Summer Sunrise help to balance out the darker Cocoa Bean branch and sentiment.


Yes, I am more than happy that spring has sprung!  However,  those little birds building a nest in the wreath on my front door.......!! 
Thanks for visiting, and wishing you a lovely day!

Supplies Graphic


5 comments:

Karen said...

It came out great! I do love that Mix and Mat panel behind the heart as well as the lovely layering.

Kathy Mc said...

Fabulous card, Michelle! So, is the bird hiding the seam in your Pretty Brackets die cut? Can’t wait to create something similar once the Give Love dies are back in stock. Against my better judgment I just received the Give Love stamps in my last order...without dies because I love that stamp set.

barb mann said...

Michelle - This is just about the cutest card ever! I'm in trouble. Guess I've been enabled! Hope the dies come back in stock soon. TFS!

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a pretty card! Love the die cut inside the heart opening!

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty. I love the die cutting inside the heart and the lovely colors you used.