Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Fusion Card Challenge - 'Dragonfly'

 

GAH..... late again to the Fusion Card Challenge 'Dragonfly' party. But....isn't this just a gorgeous photo?? That sketch is pretty great too! So, which will you try?

I was inspired by the beautiful colors of the photo AND the great sketch (which I've taken a few liberties with!)in creating this 4.5" square card. Clearly, I've approached this in a very CAS style, with a stenciled ombre background, a crisp sentiment and a petite butterfly as my dragonfly stand-in. And, how is it that I do not have one dragonfly in my arsenal??. I was truly challenged by this sketch/photo, and felt that I could not get the right 'feel'. Thus, more than a few versions (see #2 below) were created.
However, the DT has provided some amazing inspiration, so be sure to hop on over and join the party! When playing along you may use the sketch OR the photo as you jumping off point. OR, if you are feeling super duper clever, you can fuse 'em together. 





We hope that you'll join in at the Fusion Card Challenge and will enjoy all of the loveliness from the DT and the always amazing gallery!

Tristan Dawes



3 comments:

Karen said...

I found only one---very tiny---dragonfly in my collection. Like you, I was a bit surprised. Love your stand-in!

Lisa Elton said...

Two marvelous cards Michelle! I like the butterfly version!

Linda Callahan said...

These are sweet!