Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Papertrey Ink's Transformation Tuesday!

PAPERTREY INK'S TRANSFORMATION TUESDAY!

Good morning, friends, and welcome to Papertrey Ink's Transformation Tuesday! I thought that is would be fun to take this CAS card, a fairly recent addition in my baby-themed card stash, and give it a little makeover!
Here's my original card (click HERE to see the original post):



And, here is the new version! When creating the original card, I had also played withe my Let's Fiesta florals in other color combinations, one of which you see here. My favorite polka dots are more subtle this time, but the basic design idea is the same - a pretty floral background, Vintage Cream Linen base and a simply framed 'welcome baby' sentiment.


This new color combination, in Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores and Simply Chartreuse is still soft and lovely. If there were just a few less flowers, this might almost be appropriate for a baby boy card!! And, oh...... how I love those beautiful, hand-lettered sentiments, which always take center stage (as they should)!




Supplies Graphic

6 comments:

Karen said...

Personally, I love both cards, and both cards gave me some design ideas for projects I'm working on. Thanks for the inspiration. And the color combinations are lovely.

jan metcalf said...

Do love Worth the Wait! And do love your cards Michelle! I just made a baby shower card with these sets so maybe I will transform one to a welcome baby card.

Greta said...

Your first card was very pretty, but oh boy do I love today's version! That background stamping is just wonderful! Thinking the challenge will be on the WIW page tomorrow, so I'm off to see check old cards I might want to re-do!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness Michelle, I love them both!!

Greta said...

Can't find a link up for your challenge this week.

Kathy Mc said...

Both are lovely but the second one helps emphasize the sentiment withoutcstamped images behind it. Great job as always, Michelle!