Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Papertrey Ink October Release - Day One!

sending Joy + folded pocket tag die
+ pleasing envelopes + Fawn & flora

Good morning and welcome to Papertrey Ink's October release- Day 1! Oh.... SO  MUCH more Holiday 2018 goodness to share with you, AND just wait until you see what the rest of the amazing Papertrey Ink team has created!
Today we have the pleasure of introducing Kimberly Crawford's beautiful Sending Joy stamp and die collection..... full of lovely holiday boughs and holly, clean sentiments and a pretty plaid. Next up is the oh-so-versatile Folded Pocket Tag Die, which is great for gift card giving, package/card decorating or myriad other creative projects! And then, oh my, there the a-mazing Pleasing Envelopes, designed by the talented Jennifer Campbell. There is no longer any excuse to leave those holiday card envelopes unadorned - so get ready to dress 'em up! The final reveal is Betsy Veldman's Fawn & Flora collection, an adorable multi-step fawn with pretty floral sprays and perfect sentiments.  Hope that you are all quite excited (as am I!) for a bit more holiday inspiration!

All of the new stamp sets and products will be available to purchase on October 15th at 10PM ET, on the Papertrey Ink website.



The new Sending Joy and Folded Pocket Tag Die inspired a creative flurry to create a Holiday Advent banner..... full of color, courtesy of the Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse and Raspberry Fizz Bitty Big patterns and lots and lots of beautiful die cuts. 


As you can see, this is still a work in progress, and I will keep adding and embellishing until I have all 25 days of holiday inspiration! The Folded Pocket Tags dies cut and go together so beautifully and have just enough room inside to tuck in a few sweets or to add a little tag (I used the window cut out from the Folded Pocket Tag die as my little tuck in tag) with your Advent activity. There are many advent calendar ideas out there (here's one), geared toward kids, teens, etc.!


I've strung/tied my little numbered tags onto some pretty pink/white twine so that each individual tag can be easily removed as the countdown to Christmas approaches.


My second project highlights the lovely Fawn & Flora! Oh..... this little deer is just the cutest. And Betsy's floral sprays create the perfect crown and/or accents to dress up this pretty fawn.


I've chosen a non-traditional color palette for this holiday card and love the soft blue/green/kraft combination. And those patterned papers, in Bitty Big Aqua Mist and Classic Kraft, create such pretty envelopes. I couldn't decide which envelope I liked better, so here are both! Preferences??


The lovely Bold Borders: Yuletide creates the perfect detailed background for the pretty little fawn.... along with some patterned papers from the Fairy Tale Christmas collection and a sentiment from the new Pleasing Envelopes.



Thank you so much for joining me today! Be sure to check out today's introductory post over on the Papertrey Ink blog and then check in on Amy, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Kimberly, Laurie, Lizzie, Melissa Phillips, Melissa Bickford and Stephanie to see how they've used these great new October products. Have a wonderful day and I'll see you tomorrow!


10 comments:

Kathy W said...

What a great advent project, and I love all the non-traditional, happy colors you used for this. Lots of inspiration here; thanks for sharing.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Michelle! Wow, what a fantastic way to use the pocket die! You were busy!? Your advent banner is so pretty. (Love the to-do's for each day). I'm anxious to see your"delayed" cards-today's project was enough for a week for me. Wonderful inspiration Michelle, thx so much! :)

Stephanie Clapper said...

P.S. you just posted your beautiful fawn card, LOVE it!

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my Michelle...you totally outdid yourself with your Advent banner using the new tag dies...LOVE your color combination and all the little die cuts make this so joyful!! And your fawn card is just delightful...love, LOVE the color combination on this one too! And I can't pick a favorite envelope as they're both beautiful...guess you'll just have to make another card so you can use both! Thanks so much for the BEAUTIFUL inspiration today!! :0)

jan metcalf said...

Your card is so precious, it will be lovely adorned in either envelope, love them both!!

Suzanne Russell said...

Oh My! The Advent banner sucked me right in, but then I was blown away by your Fawn and Flora card. Love the unusual color palette. You are SO good at color combinations. Thanks a bunch for these inspiring projects!

Lisa Elton said...

What a CUTE idea for Advent, love this Michelle! And OH...MY...GOODNESS don't get me started on that sweet little fawn!!

Marie said...

I love the Advent Activity Banner. Fun and healthy.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

WOW I love the bright colors on the banner. It is adorable and I love that set. But all of the new release is awesome. Who could not love that Fawn and I've been dying to find a neat envelope set. Christmas might be early for me this year ! Thank you for your great inspiration.

Kathy Mc said...

WOW, Michelle, what a wonderful Advent banner with daily activities and so colorful! Your fawn is adorable and so are both envelopes. If I had to choose a favorite, I’d select the Aqua Mist one vs. Kraft. Your are truly an inspiration with your unique color combos and use of Bitty Bigs!