Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Fusion Card Challenge - 'Colour Palette: Blue Butterflies'

 

It's time for the latest Fusion Card Challenge - 'Blue Butterflies'. I'm loving the aqua/blue hues of the gorgeous photograph, but the sketch is pretty lovely too. Which will you choose - the sketch, the photo or both as your inspiration?

I've taken cues from both the photo and the sketch... focusing on the beautiful blues and the ombre cues (and, although it's hard to appreciate, I have used multiple inks to try and match the patterned paper/achieve a subtle ombre effect). There's a bit of texture with the stitched rectangular die and embossed banner. A crisp sentiment and a few jewels/sequins are the finishing touches on this CAS A2-sized card!

The DT has created LOTS of lovelies, so be sure to hop on over and join the party! When playing along you may use the sketch OR the photo as you jumping off point. OR, if you are feeling super duper clever, you can fuse 'em together. 





stamps: Butterfly Folk, Just Sentiments: Happy Hello (PTI)
paper: Stampers Select White, Smokey Shadow, Vintage Linens pp (PTI)
ink: Sea Glass, Ocean Waves, Misty Morning, Cloudy Sky (Altenew), Versafine watermark ink
dies: Butterfly Folk, Noted: Simply Stitched A2 Vertical (PTI), Stitched Party Banners (Lawn Fawn) 
other: Diagonal Stripe EF (Sizzix/SU), Seafoam jewels, 3mm clear sequins (PPP), dimensional tape, Alabaster ep (Brutus Monroe)


We hope that you'll join in/join us at the Fusion Card Challenge and will enjoy all of the loveliness from the DT and the always amazing gallery!

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like your ombre panel, Michelle this is cute!

Linda Callahan said...

You do know how to sing the blues! Lovely!

Wanda Cullen said...

So pretty! I love the embossed stripes on the banner!

Adriana Rob said...

I'm a big reader of your blog and today I want to share my life experience with a loan lender that help me throughout the time of pandemics Covid-19 when everything was falling piece for me and my business, but when I write Mr. Pedro a loan officer email address: pedroloanss@gmail.com, he advises on the current loan program that is available for someone like me on my situation then I proceed then after 3 days of the process I received my loan in my bank and today my business is going well and the loan repayment is 5 years of 2% rate and the loan amount that I received is 83,000. Euro. Mr. Pedro can help with any kind of loan or investment loan at a very low rate and a flexible repayment. WhatsApp Contact: +1-510-854-9661

Thank you once again, you make everything looks beautiful in your blog.
Adriana Rob
Reading from Greece.