Pages

Friday, June 28, 2019

Ink to Paper Design Team Tips

               Ink to paper Dt TIPS - sewing on paper

I love, love the look that hand stitching brings to any project....... and all of the beautiful texture, dimension, color and interest that it provides! The inspiration for today's card came from two amazingly talented crafters, Paige Taylor Evans and Jennifer McGuire. Just take a peek at their blogs/IG for loads of ideas that are full of vibrant color and loveliness! I am now anxious to experiment more with this technique - on dark/ink blended backgrounds, patterned papers, etc...... the sky is the limit!


I've stamped the sentiment, florals and leaves on my front panel in shades of Hibiscus Burst, Hawaiian Shores, Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise and New Leaf prior to piercing around each of the images. I've used an older SU piercing mat in order to stitch around each flower and leaf, but a piece of fun foam and a wider needle would/could achieve the same effect. Then, a bit of backstitching in coordinating colors (Loop & Thread Craft Cord/Michaels).


Because the stitching adds a bit of dimension, I used a strong adhesive to adhere the stitched panel to a thin layer of Hibiscus Burst cardstock and layered that onto a Bitty Big: Soft Stone layer and my 4.75" x 5.75" card front. A few perfectly place jewels are the finishing touches on the beautiful blooms.


As you can see, this panel is still quite pretty/colorful, even on the back side. And.....once you've decided on a design (and have poked all of those tiny holes), I can envision doing this as I watch tv at night, creating lots of pretty panels for future use.


Many thanks for joining me today in my experiment in stitching! Perhaps you'll give this a go on you next project??

Supplies Graphic


1 comment:

Chris said...

Your card turned of really nice! A great technique for a special card. 😊