Pages

Monday, February 20, 2017

Celebrating the Past, Present and Future: 2016



Welcome to the final day of the Papertrey 10th Year Celebration, where we are celebrating Papertey's most current designs! My choice? The fabulous 2016 Anniversary set, Painted Petals.
Truth be told, I acquired this set at the behest of my lovely MIL (an early birthday gift), and then 'borrowed' it back (because I love it so).  Such a beautiful floral set with an abundance of possibilities! I could literally play. for. hours.
For this project I've created a pretty yellow, layered background with the lovely daisy-like flower and then added a fabulous sentiment, scalloped curve and bow of b/w twine. Wouldn't this card be lovely in each and every PTI color?



Stamps: Painted Petals
Inks: Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Melon Berry, Spring Moss
Dies: Heart Border Die, Sentiment Splits: Curve Vertical Die


And....  a CAS one from the not so distant past. Love, love the Soft Stone background!


Now that I have showcased how this product from the past has remained a classic, it's your turn to share your ideas for the future! Stop by Nichole's blog to share a new project you make with this product, or just share a creation that is somehow inspired by what I made today. Be sure to get crafting and enter today so you can be eligible for a fantastic prize!
You can also hop around to the other DT girls participating in today's blog hop to see what set they selected from the 2016 line up!



 Many thanks for taking a peek at the year 2016!








8 comments:

Dana said...

Lovely. You are correct, this would be so pretty in a slew of other colors as well. The embossed card base adds just the perfect touch.
P.S. Yay for upstate NYers:)

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE your cards far today!!

Susi said...

Wow! That golden flower card brings summer right through my computer screen into my home. So warm & gorgeous!

Karen said...

Another gorgeous card; I love this set! I finally got some time to make a couple cards for these challenges. Now to get them up before the deadline tomorrow morning!

Lisa Elton said...

Love both the past and the present cards today Michelle!

merryf said...

Lovely! Your card makes me think of sunflowers in a field. It took me a couple minutes to figure out you used the bottoms of the heart die to look like scallops along the curve . Super- clever!

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful!

Jeanne J. said...

Gorgeous stamping! So bright and fresh!