Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Make It Monday #18: Adding Texture with Tissue Paper


 
                                         


Ok.... so now that I've sort of/barely gotten the hang of this blogging thing I thought that I'd attempt another Make It Monday!
I love the idea of the faux silk look and a lovely tissue paper flower. However, having it all come together was not as easy as it sometimes is - guess that it just was not a mojo kinda day! Anyway, I wanted to do something different with the tissue paper background..... I covered my kraft piece with glue, attached PTI  rustic jute twine in a diamond pattern, covered the whole thing with my fancy tissue paper (a HUGE pack from my neighbor- left over from her wedding invitations 20+ years ago!), and added a little more of the fancy tissue paper for the flower and a little snippet of ribbon/lace. Et voila!




8 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful work with all that tissue paper! BTW, love your sympathy card below. So pretty.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so pretty! I love the design of your card! Great job with the tissue paper, too!

Ally said...

I think your card is fabulous! I love the bitty polka dots, and the colors, and the lace, and the twine, and that gorgeous flower. A beautiful card. ;-) Great work!

Marybeth said...

Covering the tissue over the twine is amazing and it looks amazing too. Love the white flower. Beautiful card.

Kristii said...

Very pretty!!!! Love how you used the twine with this technique!! Very creative!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful colors and I'm a HUGE fan of polka dots!!! Great job.

Sharon Wheet said...

Love your take on the Make it Monday! And your flower is gorgeous! TFS

Cyndie said...

What a gorgeous card! I just love that trellis background--what a great idea!